Hi! You’ve found the page for all that legal stuff people seem obsessed with these days. Yawn!
1. Nature of this site – Fiction Aficionado is a personal blog. All views and opinions stated on this website are my own, and do not reflect the views of any other person featured or referred to on this site unless expressly stated or as part of an interview.
While I make every effort to ensure the factual information on this blog is correct (believe me, I hate being wrong!) I am only human, and errors may occasionally appear. I am also not in control of such things as release dates, sale prices, or any other information taken from external sources, and so information on this website may occasionally become out-of-date or change without notice.
3. Product Disclosure – I regularly receive books from publishers and authors in exchange for my honest review. I am not required to write a positive review, and I do not receive payment for any reviews or other features on my blog. It’s a labour of love!
4. Amazon Affiliate Disclosure – I participate in Amazon’s Affiliate program, and the majority of book links on this website are ‘affiliate links’. This means that when you click on one of these links and make a purchase, Amazon pays me a small (like, really small) commission. It does not cost you any extra to purchase through these links. Irrespective of any commission I might receive, I will only ever give my honest opinion about the books I review.
5. Giveaways – From time to time I offer giveaways through my blog using Rafflecopter. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO ENTER THESE COMPETITIONS.
Individual giveaways will clearly state the item(s) being offered and who is eligible to enter (for example, US residents only, or international). It will also clearly state the dates of the competition. Unless otherwise stated, giveaways begin at 12:00AM EST (midnight) on the date the giveaway opens, and close at 11:59PM EST on the date the giveaway ends.
While all due care will be taken with any goods provided directly by me, the majority of items offered through giveaways on this site are provided directly by the author or a retailer. I am not responsible for the quality of digital products or technical difficulties experienced and cannot be held liable for any items lost in the post or damaged in transit.
- Follower/Subscriber information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to Fiction Aficionado, WordPress will collect the visitor’s name and email address.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on Fiction Aficionado, WordPress will collect that comment and other information the visitor provides such as name, email address, and user name.
- Contact Form: If you contact Fiction Aficionado via the contact form, WordPress will collect your name, email address, and website (if applicable) and include them with the message you send.
In each of these situations, your personal information is collected in order to facilitate the activity or service you are requesting and will only be used for that purpose. I will NEVER sell or otherwise share this information with a third party without your consent.
In addition to user-provided information, WordPress.com also automatically collects the following data about visitors to Fiction Aficionado:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: Wordpress.com collects the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a Site, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: Wordpress.com collects information about a visitor’s interactions with a Site, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors.
- Location Information: Wordpress.com may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. This information is collected and used to, for example, tally how many people visit Fiction Aficionado from certain geographic regions. If you’d like, you can read more about the Site Stats feature for WordPress.com.
- Akismet Commenter Information: Wordpress.com collects information about visitors who comment on Fiction Aficionado that uses the Akismet anti-spam service. The information collected includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address…oh, and the comment itself, of course).
Here endeth the boring bits! Phew!